Blog Under Construction

Still working on the layout and trying to fix a few things. More content coming soon.

January 26, 2008

Out of Bounds (Post # 1)

So I've started this blog finally. It's a small project I've been thinking about for the past several months. Feel relieved to get it started - and hopefully I can put a great deal of time into it over the next few months and beyond.

A little about myself. Was born and raised in Maine and still live here. Nice place in the summer and fall. Winters are cold, snowy, icy, and honestly those are words I have grown to detest. Spring in Maine - two words - MUD SEASON. That and you have to deal with a ton of sand on the edges of the road from the winter snowplows. Makes a nice mess on your car, truck, or SUV.

I just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. And I'm still crying. Turning 40 reminds me of all those awful stories I heard as a teenager. You know the ones - going bald, getting fat, and getting all kinds of medical problems that force you to take pills the rest of your life. Thankfully I still have a full head of hair, although it's rapidly turning white and I've resorted to dying it. Hate the white hair. I'm slightly pudgy now, was in decent shape throughout my 20's but once I turned 30 things went downhill fast. So I go through the weight battles like a lot of other people out there. And yes, pills. Have to take some everyday for high cholesterol and another one for acid reflux and yet another one for high triglycerides. It stinks, but I wish to live as long as I can and feel good everyday.

Back to the blog. I'm a sports nut. Wanted a funny, honest, and direct approach for talking about sports issues. I majored in journalism in college, and have 7 years experience with technology, so thought I would try blending everything together. And adding my unique sports views and a sense of humor. That's how I came up with the name of this blog. Sports Twist. It just kind of fit.

I'm fairly new to the blogging thing, but I have not seen any sports blogs so far that interested me much. Either the opinions were too strong, or the blog was devoted to one sport or team or person. Gets boring after awhile. That became my other reason for wanting to write a sports blog.

Hope that any of you that stumble across the blog - will stick around. It's intended for sports nuts, but without any harsh negative opinions or comments. I will be posting new stories at least once a week (more if time allows). The blog will have several sections eventually, each one has a sports-themed name. The intent is to discuss news or issues in all sports, sometimes seriously and other times not. That said, you may see from time to time that I have been influenced in some way about the topic. Some examples would include being a fan of the PTI program on ESPN. Kornheiser and Wilbon totally crack me up and I love the format of the show. Another influence would be listening to (or watching) Howard Stern's show. Say what you want about Stern, but he can be funny and sometimes I find myself talking like him. But without the naked models. (Apparently I don't quite have the same sex appeal that Stern has.)

So pull up a chair, grab your favorite beverage, and enjoy the ride. Cheers!

No comments: